This tasty and stylish Spanish starter is enclosed in a polenta pastry and baked to make them low-fat too.
The ingredient of Chicken empanadas
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 200g jar taco sauce (Old El Paso brand)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped drained bottled jalapeno chillies (Sandhurst brand)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 small (about 150g) chicken breast fillet, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 140g (3/4 cup) yellow polenta (cornmeal)
- 135g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 40g butter, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1 tablespoon milk, to brush
The instruction how to make Chicken empanadas
- complement water, onion and garlic in saucepan, bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until onion is soft.
- protest in taco sauce, chillies and oregano. Simmer, covered, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until thick. grow chicken and capers, and cook, stirring, for a other 3-5 minutes or until chicken just turns white. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
- include polenta, flour and salt in a medium bowl. smear in the butter once fingertips. Add water and use a round-bladed knife to blend until the mix begins to cling together. Use hands to bring pastry together. Knead gently all but a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Line baking tray similar to non-stick baking paper. Cut pastry evenly into 12 portions. Roll a share part into a 12cm diameter disc. Brush edge next a little milk and place a heaped tablespoonful of filling in the centre. Fold pastry in half to enclose filling and press edges together to seal. Trim edge. Place around baking tray and use a small prickly knife to cut 3 small slits in the surface. Repeat when enduring surviving pastry and filling.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush each empanada gone a little milk and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until lightly coloured. relief loving or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Chicken empanadasfatContent: 240.673 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 30 milligrams cholesterol