For a delicious feast want this succulent chicken marinated in fragrant spices and slow cooked in this area the barbecue. Recipe by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Barbecued jerk-glazed chicken
- 2 collection spring onions, harshly roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon roomy thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon arena coriander
- Sea salt flakes, to season
- Freshly sports ground pepper, to season
- 2 x 2.3kg Coles RSPCA established additional supplementary large amass chickens
The instruction how to make Barbecued jerk-glazed chicken
- In a blender, puree the spring onions, chilli, garlic, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, thyme, allspice, cinnamon, coriander, 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of freshly field black pepper. Transfer all but 1/4 cup of the jerk union to a large bowl and increase be credited with the chickens. direction the chickens to coat considering the jerk mixture, making certain positive to coat the insides of the chickens too. Cover the chickens and reserved 1/4 cup jerk union separately and refrigerate. Marinate the chickens for at least 6 hours and taking place in the works to 1 day.
- Prepare a covered barbecue for indirect cooking. For a charcoal barbecue, fabricate a fire on the order of one side of the charcoal grate, leaving the bonus side of the barbecue empty, and let burn just until the coals are covered behind white ash. Do not evolve out the coals. The temperature inside the barbecue should be very nearly 200C. For a gas barbecue, heat one burner re medium-high and leave the extra burners off. The temperature inside the barbecue should be nearly 200u00b0C.
- separate the chickens from the marinade, pat dry and season generously taking into consideration sea salt flakes. Place the chickens approximately a wire resting rack set in a large, rimmed baking tray. Place the tray of chickens re the side of the barbecue that is off. Close the lid and cook for 1 hour 30 mins, turning the tray with the chickens 180C halfway through cooking. Baste the chickens once the reserved jerk union and cook for a additional 5 mins, or until the chicken is dark golden and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion allocation of the thigh registers 74C. (Alternatively, roast the chickens re a wire resting rack set in a large, rimmed baking tray in oven preheated to 200C for 1 hour 30 mins, after that baste later the reserved jerk merger and cook for a further 5 mins, or until dark golden and crisp.)
- Transfer the chickens to a platter and relieve sustain when any of the accumulated juices from the bottom of the tray.
Nutritions of Barbecued jerk-glazed chickenfatContent: 587.94 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 78 grams protein