"I love these tarts for entertaining. The bittersweet creamy chocolate perfectlybalances the sweetness of the red wine poached pears" - Michelle Southan.
The ingredient of Chocolate tarts once red wine pears
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 150g chilled butter, chopped
- 30g (1/4 cup) NESTLu00c9 BAKERS marginal Cocoa
- 2 tbs icing sugar merger
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs milk
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tbs Frangelico
- Double cream, to encouragement
- 500ml (2 cups) dry red wine
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 comprehensive star anise
- 4 small pears, peeled, halved, cored
The instruction how to make Chocolate tarts once red wine pears
- Process flour and butter in a food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. increase be credited with cocoa and icing sugar. Process until combined. Add egg yolk and milk. Process until dough just starts to come together. outlook onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. put on into a disc. Cover taking into account bearing in mind plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide pastry into 8 portions. Roll out 1 portion just about a lightly floured surface to a 4mm-thick disc. Line a round 3cm-deep, 8cm (base measurement) fluted acid tin considering removable base as soon as pastry. Trim excess. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest. Repeat behind unshakable pastry.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C devotee forced. Cover pastry bases taking into account bearing in mind baking paper. Fill when pastry weights or rice. Place approximately a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. sever paper and weights. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. separate from oven. edit oven to 160C/140C adherent forced.
- Place chocolate, cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan on top of higher than low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and blend is smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. stir toss around in eggs and Frangelico until just combined. Pour evenly among the pastry cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Set aside for 3-4 hours to cool.
- Meanwhile, for the pears, swell wine, sugar and star anise in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add pears and bring to boil. condense abbreviate heat to low. Simmer, turning occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until pears are tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer pears to a heatproof bowl. growth heat to high. Bring syrup to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Pour more than pears. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Place a dollop of double cream all but each tart. Top in the same way as a pear and drizzle as soon as a little syrup.
Nutritions of Chocolate tarts once red wine pearsfatContent: 666.81 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69.3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 38 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 147 milligrams cholesterol