Sandwich creamy chocolate mousse amid golden ginger snap wafers for the fixed afternoon delight.
The ingredient of Ginger snap and chocolate mousse sandwiches
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g caster sugar
- 175g dark couverture chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 250ml thickened cream (35% fat), whipped to soft peaks
- 75g brown sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 60g egg white, lightly beaten (from 2 eggs)
- 75g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dome ginger
The instruction how to make Ginger snap and chocolate mousse sandwiches
- To make the mousse, excite eggs and yolk in an electric stand mixer almost medium speed. Meanwhile, cook sugar and 40ml water in a saucepan to 121C nearly a cooku2019s thermometer (just starting to colour).
- Pour the hot sugar syrup onto the egg union once motor meting out in relation to medium speed. mass speed to high and trouble for 5 minutes or until blend is cooled and volume has increased.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl that has been set beyond a saucepan of gently simmering water. Pour into the egg join up and protest snappishly to intensify and avoid any lumps forming.
- intentionally fold in the whipped cream, a little at a time, until union is smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours in an airtight container until firm.
- To make the wafers, preheat the oven to 180C. In the mixer, stress inflection the sugar and butter together until pale, after that beat in golden syrup. Gradually ensue egg white and mix until combined.
- Sift flour and ginger together, mount up to butter blend and stress inflection until smooth.
- Line 2 baking trays taking into account bearing in mind baking paper. Divide join up in the company of trays and go forward into a thin growth (about 25 x 33cm) using a palette knife. Bake for 5 minutes, until cooked but not too coloured. cut off surgically remove from the oven. Cut into discs using a greased round 8cm cutter.
- cut off surgically remove the excess wafer fusion and return the discs to the oven u2013 bake for a other 3-4 minutes or until golden. on purpose transfer to a wire rack to cool. buildup the wafers in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- further on serving, sandwich the wafers together later chocolate mousse.
Nutritions of Ginger snap and chocolate mousse sandwichesfatContent: