Pecan pie is a established favourite and behind some dark chocolate enriching the mix, it tastes even better.
The ingredient of Chocolate pecan pie
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 50g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 2/3 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apricot jam, warmed, strained
The instruction how to make Chocolate pecan pie
- Make basic pastry: Process flour, sugar and butter together until join up resembles fine breadcrumbs. grow yolk and chilled water. Process until pastry just comes together, adding more water if necessary.
- tilt twist pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Shape into a 2cm-thick disc. Wrap in baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes or until unmovable passable to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm (base) glass or ceramic pie dish. Roll pastry surrounded by with 2 sheets baking paper until 4mm thick. Line dish afterward pastry. Trim excess. Using a fork, press roughly edge to decorate. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Line pastry achievement once baking paper. Fill like ceramic pie weights and uncooked rice. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. separate paper and weights. Bake for 5 minutes or until base is vivacious golden. Set aside for 15 minutes. edit oven temperature to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced.
- move around sugar, cornflour, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. trouble through chocolate. around chop 1 cup pecans. Place in pastry case. peak with egg union and enduring surviving pecans. Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set (cover considering foil if height starts to over-brown). Brush peak subsequent to jam. Cool. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate pecan piefatContent: 639.564 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 33 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 153 milligrams cholesterol