This in reality essentially decadent poached pear and chocolate acid is a colossal showing off to finish your next-door autumn festive feast.
The ingredient of Red wine poached pear chocolate acid
- 2 cups (500ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon fix
- 2 mass star anise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean epoxy resin
- 3 pears, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 Coles Australian set free release Range Egg
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur (optional)
The instruction how to make Red wine poached pear chocolate acid
- add together the wine, sugar, cinnamon, star anise and vanilla in a medium saucepan on top of higher than medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the sugar dissolves. Add the pears and satisfactory water to cover the pears completely. Cover the surface taking into account bearing in mind a piece of baking paper to help grant the pears submerged in the poaching liquid. Cook for 1 hour or until the pears are tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to a deep-sided dish.
- Bring the poaching liquid to the boil in the saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until syrup reduces by half. Drizzle hot syrup over the pears. Cover and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to infuse.
- Meanwhile, to make the chocolate pastry, place the flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a food processor and process until incorporation combination resembles fine breadcrumbs. ensue the egg yolk and water and process until dough just comes together. position onto a lightly floured surface and change into a disc. Cover past plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Roll out the pastry around a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick rectangle. Line a 12cm x 35cm rectangular acid tin, when removable base, later than the pastry. Use a small knife to trim the edges. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Line the pastry next baking paper and fill once pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 mins. cut off surgically remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 8 mins or until dry to the touch. sever from oven. cut oven temperature to 180u00b0C.
- To make the chocolate frangipane filling, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until wishy-washy and creamy. go to the egg. Beat to combine. go to hazelnut meal, flour and cocoa powder. disturb to combine. toss around in the Frangelico, if using. Spoon into the pastry war and smooth the surface.
- sever pears from the poaching liquid and cut in half lengthways. Arrange the pear halves higher than the chocolate frangipane filling. Bake for 30 mins or until the filling is set. Set aside to cool completely.
Nutritions of Red wine poached pear chocolate acidfatContent: 365.192 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 20 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein