encouragement this slightly spicy meat like a cooling slaw, green salad, or grain salad. Any leftovers make invincible sandwiches, especially slathered taking into account bearing in mind chipotle mayo. Inspired by the dish Chef Jeff Mauro prepared for Food Network In Concert.
The ingredient of Blackened Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
The instruction how to make Blackened Pork Tenderloin
- In a large measuring cup, combine sugar, kosher salt and 1 cup hot water, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Add 1 cup cold water. Transfer mixture to a large resealable bag and add pork. Set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or as long as an hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, table salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and white pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and add the butter. When foaming subsides, add spice mixture and cook, whisking frequently, until it becomes a dark rust color, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Remove tenderloin from brine and pat dry. Rub all over with spice mixture.
- Preheat a grill with an area for direct high heat and an area for indirect heat. Grill tenderloin over direct heat until well-browned on all 4 sides, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Move to indirect heat, cover with an overturned disposable aluminum pan, and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 3 minutes.
- Slice the tenderloin and serve.