The Italian-restaurant favorite made healthier baked in the oven at home.
The ingredient of Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets 4 cutlets
- 1 teaspoon salt for chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt for breading
- nonstick cooking spray for one side of cutlets
- nonstick cooking spray for second side of cutlets
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
The instruction how to make Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375u00b0F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat chicken cutlets dry and season on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. In a second bowl, beat the egg until smooth. In a third bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, and salt.
- Coat a chicken cutlet thoroughly in flour, and dip it in the beaten egg. Place the cutlet in Parmesan mixture, and turn it until evenly coated. Transfer the cutlet to prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining chicken cutlets.
- Spray cutlets liberally with cooking spray. Transfer baking sheet to the middle rack of oven.
- Bake cutlets for 20 minutes, until beginning to brown. Flip cutlets and spray once more with cooking spray. Continue baking for 10 minutes, until coating is golden and crispy and chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 155u00b0F.
- Spoon marinara sauce evenly over cutlets. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella evenly on top. Continue baking chicken for 5 minutes, until mozzarella is melted.
- Check to see that chicken is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Baked Chicken Parmesancalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 340 calories
cholesterolContent: 17 grams
fatContent: 150 milligrams
fiberContent: 12 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams
sodiumContent: 6 grams
sugarContent: 510 milligrams
: 2 grams