Enjoy this within reach and elegant halt dessert as is, or relief the pears when pound cake, ice cream, yogurt, or softly whipped cream. Theyre even delicious as part of a cheese course. Bosc and Bartlett pears have an especially Beautiful lovely shape, but you can use any variety except Comice (theyre too juicy) as long as theyre firm-ripe. And you can opt to make the caramel cranberry sauce behind red or white wine. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Jill Silverman Hough](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Jill-Silverman-Hough).
The ingredient of Vanilla Roasted Pears next Cranberries
- 8 pears firm-ripe, large, Bosc or unorthodox variety
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups red wine or white wine
- 1 bag cranberries lighthearted or frozen, 10-12 oz. per bag
The instruction how to make Vanilla Roasted Pears next Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400u00b0F.
- Use a melon baller to make a hole in the bottom of each pear, then dig deeper to scoop out core. Peel pears and cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they stand flat.
- Use the tip of a paring knife to split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, then run the back of the knife along each half to scrape out the vanilla seeds. Set the seeds and scraped pod aside.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sugar and the vanilla seeds and pod and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts and liquid is medium amber in color, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully add wine to pan, stirring until incorporated. Add pears, laying them on their sides, and cook, turning pears occasionally, until pears are almost tender, 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Be careful when adding the wineu2014the mixture will bubble and spurt, so add it a little at a time.
- Stand pears upright in the pot and add cranberries, nestling them into the liquid.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake pears on middle rack, basting occasionally and gently moving cranberries around, until pears are very tender when pierced with a paring knife and most of the cranberries have burst, 20-25 minutes.
- Check to see that pears and cranberries are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Cool pears in frying pan about 10 minutes, basting occasionally. Remove vanilla pods. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Nutritions of Vanilla Roasted Pears next Cranberriescalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 360 calories
cholesterolContent: 71 grams
fatContent: 15 milligrams
fiberContent: 6 grams
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams
sodiumContent: 3.5 grams
sugarContent: 5 milligrams
: 57 grams