acknowledge your favorite pizza flavors and apply them to grilled cheese! We allowance it straightforward approachable here later than jarred marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sliced pepperoni, but vibes find not guilty to amass olives, mushrooms, spinach, or substitute favorite topping. The unspecified to making grilled cheese in the oven is to sandwich them surrounded by with a pair of sheet pans, and preheat the height one to ensue weight and unusual surface for crispy bread. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Ashley Strickland Freeman](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Ashley-Strickland-Freeman).
The ingredient of Oven-Baked Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 12 slices ciabatta bread or crusty sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened, or mayonnaise
- 1 jar marinara sauce 1 jar is 24 ounces
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese pre-sliced cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
The instruction how to make Oven-Baked Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Position a rack in the bottom of the oven, set a sheet pan on top, and preheat the oven to 450u00b0.
- Spread 6 slices of bread with half of the butter and place, buttered sides down, on a second sheet pan.
- Spread each bread slice on the sheet pan with 1 to 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and top with 2 slices of cheese. Top with pepperoni and the remaining bread slices. Spread the tops with the remaining butter.
- Carefully remove the hot sheet pan from the oven and place it on top of the sandwiches, rimmed edges up.
- Place the stacked baking sheets in the oven on the bottom rack. Bake until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown and crispy, 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, warm the remaining marinara in a microwave or on the stove.
- Remove sandwiches from the oven and serve immediately with remaining warmed marinara sauce. Refrigerate any leftover sandwiches up to 2 days and reheat in a regular oven or toaster oven at 325u00b0 for 5-10 minutes.
Nutritions of Oven-Baked Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwichescalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 610 calories
cholesterolContent: 38 grams
fatContent: 110 milligrams
fiberContent: 41 grams
proteinContent: 5 grams
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams
sodiumContent: 21 grams
sugarContent: 1510 milligrams
: 12 grams