This flavor-packed, fiber-rich vegetarian casserole is easy to stockpile and feeds a crowd. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Vegetarian Bean and Cheese Taco Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can canned black beans 15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans 15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans 15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn kernels 15 oz. per can, whole, drained and rinsed
- 3 scallions large, minced
- 1 panic pepper small, finely diced
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- bitter cream optional, for serving
- avocado diced, optional, for serving
The instruction how to make Vegetarian Bean and Cheese Taco Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375u00b0F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, corn, scallions, bell pepper, salsa, cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Arrange half of chips in an even layer in baking dish. Top with half of bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with half of shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheeses. Repeat with remaining chips, beans, and cheeses.
- Bake casserole on middle rack of oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top, 23-27 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Serve immediately, topped with sour cream and diced avocado if desired.
Nutritions of Vegetarian Bean and Cheese Taco Casserolecalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 290 calories
cholesterolContent: 27 grams
fatContent: 25 milligrams
fiberContent: 14 grams
proteinContent: 2 grams
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams
sodiumContent: 5 grams
sugarContent: 770 milligrams
: 3 grams