Hearty and easy, this affable and delicious brunch dish is sure to be a hit like both you and your family. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Sausage and Cheese Quiche
- 1 frozen pie shell
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage removed from casings
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup entire sum combination milk
- 1/4 cup close cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese shredded, 2 oz. per 1/2 cup
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese 2 oz. per 1/2 cup
The instruction how to make Sausage and Cheese Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F. Arrange a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Poke the bottom of the frozen pie shell with a fork, and place on a baking sheet.
- Pro tip: Docking a pie crust by poking holes in it with a fork allows steam to escape, avoiding bubbles in the crust while baking
- Bake the pie shell for 12-14 minutes or according to package directions on the bottom rack of oven, until the bottom is slightly puffed. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven to 350u00b0F.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the sausage in the skillet. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, using a rubber spatula to break up the sausage into small pieces as it cooks.
- Transfer the sausage onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
- Place the sausage and shredded cheeses into the egg and milk mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until the sausage and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the egg, sausage, and cheese mixture into the pie shell. Cover the edges of the pie shells with pie guards or strips of aluminum foil to avoid burning or over-browning the crust.
- Bake the quiche for 45-55 minutes on the bottom rack of oven, until the top is firm and golden brown.
- Check to see that quiche is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and serving. Leftover quiche may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritions of Sausage and Cheese Quichecalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 130 calories
cholesterolContent: 2 grams
fatContent: 135 milligrams
proteinContent: 10 grams
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams
sodiumContent: 6 grams
sugarContent: 210 milligrams
: 2 grams