The assimilation inclusion of creamy, pungent blue cheese and sweet red onion jam make these bruschetta a sure crowd-pleaser. Theyre earsplitting for hosts, too: Both the sauteed onions and the blue cheese move ahead may be made several days in advance. Note that red onions correct in size, but whatever size you find, you nonattendance to set in motion next 6 cups sliced and cook them beside until theyre no question soft and starting to brown. Youll have satisfactory toppings for a large baguette. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [David Bonom](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/David-Bonom).
The ingredient of Creamy Blue Cheese and Red Onion Crostini
- 1 baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 red onions medium, peeled; virtually 1 cup sliced per onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar raspberry, or regular red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces blue cheese softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 24 flat leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Creamy Blue Cheese and Red Onion Crostini
- Preheat oven to 400u00b0F.
- Cut baguette on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices (1 baguette makes about 24 slices).
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on sheet pan. Brush top side of each with olive oil.
- Bake on middle rack of preheated oven until lightly toasted, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Check to see that bread slices are done. Carefully remove from oven or add time as needed. When done, let cool.
- Make onion jam: Halve each onion through root end. Cut into thin slices.
- Heat oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and starting to brown, 17 to 18 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook until absorbed, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in salt.
- Blue cheese spread: Combine blue cheese and cream cheese in a bowl, mixing with a spoon until well combined.
- Assemble bread slices: Spread 1 side of each bread slice with cheese mixture. Top each with an even amount of onion jam.
- Top each crostini with 1 parsley leaf and serve.
Nutritions of Creamy Blue Cheese and Red Onion Crostinicalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 130 calories
cholesterolContent: 10 grams
fatContent: 15 milligrams
fiberContent: 8 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams
sodiumContent: 3 grams
sugarContent: 260 milligrams
: 5 grams