These boneless seasoned pork chops are smothered in a creamy mushroom wine sauce, topped later than cheese, and baked until bubbly!
The ingredient of Pork Chops Lombardy
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 thin cut boneless pork chops
- salt for pork
- black pepper for pork
- 1 tablespoon butter for first batch
- 1 tablespoon butter for second batch
- 1 tablespoon butter for mushrooms
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt for mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper for mushrooms
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 scallion large, minced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
The instruction how to make Pork Chops Lombardy
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F. Set a 9-inch square casserole dish by the stovetop.
- Combine the flour, paprika, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl and whisk together.
- Season the pork chops liberally on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- While the butter melts, dredge the pork chops on both sides in the flour mixture. Add two pork chops to the skillet.
- Sear the pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer the pork chops to the casserole dish. Repeat with an additional tablespoon of butter and the remaining two pork chops.
- Add the butter to the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and season with salt and black pepper. Saute the mushrooms until they are shrunken and browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the white wine into the skillet to deglaze the pan, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom with a wooden spoon. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1-2 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cream. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over pork chops. Sprinkle with half the minced scallions, reserving the rest. Top evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pork chops on the middle rack of the oven, until the cheese is melted and lightly golden, and the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140u00b0F, 9-11 minutes.
- Check to see that pork chops are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle the reserved minced scallion over the pork chops, and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pork Chops Lombardycalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 480 calories
cholesterolContent: 12 grams
fatContent: 160 milligrams
fiberContent: 26 grams
proteinContent: 2 grams
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams
sodiumContent: 11 grams
sugarContent: 560 milligrams
: 1 grams