A generous amount of mushrooms and fresh herbs have enough money this soup richness and freshness. Cream cheese creates a velvety texture without the risk of curdling youd have from milk. For even more rarefied flavors, character clear to riff more or less the basic recipe by substituting your favorite in-season wild mushrooms for some of the regular ones. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Stephanie Spencer.
The ingredient of Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 1 onion medium
- 2 large carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms or a mixture combination of extra varieties of buoyant mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons well-ventilated light thyme leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons buoyant rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons new virgin olive oil for chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs 4 thighs per pound
- 1/4 teaspoon salt for chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper for chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for vegetables
- 1/8 teaspoon salt for vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper for vegetables
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons all ambition flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth for flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth for soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste, for serving
- roomy parsley sprigs for serving, or small well-ventilated light rosemary sprigs
The instruction how to make Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- Cut onion, carrots, and celery into 1/4-inch dice; set aside in a medium bowl. Slice mushrooms, finely chop thyme and rosemary, and set them aside in another bowl. (Pro Tip: To save a step, buy pre-sliced mushrooms.)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is golden on underside and releases easily from pan, 4-7 minutes. Flip with tongs and cook until golden on second side, 2-4 minutes (its OK if chicken isnt completely cooked through). Transfer to a cutting board, and set aside. (Pro Tip: Browning the chicken on its own and then adding it to the soup doesnt take much time and adds a richer flavor.)
- Add oil, onion, carrot, celery, salt, and pepper to Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and beginning to turn golden, 6-9 minutes. Add garlic to vegetables and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Stir mushrooms, herbs, and wine into vegetable mixture. Cover and cook to soften mushrooms and release their liquid, 5-7 minutes. Remove lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown, 4-5 minutes longer.
- Add flour and cook until light golden and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in broth. (Pro Tip: Vegetables will get stuck in your whisk, but a quick tap on the side of the pan will release them.)
- Whisk in cream cheese. Slowly whisk in remaining broth. Chop chicken into 1/2-inch pieces, and stir into soup.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thicker, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, chop parsley and stir half into soup.
- Season soup to taste with salt. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley, and add a parsley sprig to each serving.
Nutritions of Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 330 calories
cholesterolContent: 18 grams
fatContent: 95 milligrams
fiberContent: 17 grams
proteinContent: 2 grams
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams
sodiumContent: 6 grams
sugarContent: 600 milligrams
: 7 grams