Cheese, mushrooms, chicken, vegetables, and pasta come together in this classic tetrazzini for a charmingly hearty dish.
The ingredient of Chicken Tetrazzini
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces noodles dry spaghetti
- 1/2 yellow onion large
- 1 carrot large
- 1 stalk celery large
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter for vegetables
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sherry or white wine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded, just about 1 collective rotisserie chicken/3 lb. bone-in or 1 lb. boneless chicken = 3 cups cooked
- 32 round buttery crackers crushed into crumbs, ex: Ritz
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter melted, for topping
The instruction how to make Chicken Tetrazzini
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the spaghetti to the water. Cook for 9-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. While the pasta cooks, prepare vegetables and sauce.
- Finely chop the onion, carrot, and celery. Slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic.
- Set a large pot over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the onions, carrot, celery, and mushrooms. Saute for 6-7 minutes, until the vegetables are browned and softened. Add the minced garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the peas to the pot and pour in the wine. Stir for a minute to thaw the peas and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot and stir to coat the vegetables. Slowly pour the chicken broth into the pot, stirring to dissolve the flour. When no clumps remain, pour in the half-and-half while continuing to stir.
- Cook the sauce, stirring constantly, until it begins to bubble and thicken. Once thickened, turn off the heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Once the cheese is mostly melted, fold in the chicken and cooked spaghetti until they are thoroughly coated in the sauce. (Pro Tip: Pro tip: Taste your sauce while youre cooking to see if you like it! For a slightly lower sodium option, use a little less Parmesan and/or salt.)
- Pour the chicken tetrazzini into the casserole dish.
- Place the crushed cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl and pour in the melted butter. Mix with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Sprinkle the crumbs in an even layer over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole for 30-40 minutes on the middle rack of the preheated oven, until topping is deeply golden and the dish bubbles at the edges.
- Check to see that casserole is done.Carefully remove the casserole dish from the oven or add time as needed.
- Allow casserole to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Chicken Tetrazzinicalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 530 calories
cholesterolContent: 53 grams
fatContent: 85 milligrams
fiberContent: 24 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams
sodiumContent: 12 grams
sugarContent: 510 milligrams
: 7 grams