Stuffed Pork, Cheddar And Apple Panini With Boneless Pork Loin Chops, Apricot Preserves, Dijon Style Mustard, Nonstick Cooking Spray, Wheat Bread, Margarine, Granny Smith Apple, gruff Cheddar Cheese
The ingredient of Stuffed Pork, Cheddar and Apple Panini
- 8 boneless pork loin chops cut 1/4-inch thick and trimmed, 10 to 12 ounces count
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dijon style mustard
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slices wheat bread country, 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons margarine softened
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 4 ounces rough cheddar cheese reduced-fat, made following 2% milk/fat free, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Stuffed Pork, Cheddar and Apple Panini
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook pork chops for 2 to 3 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees F., turning pork chops over halfway through cooking. Remove from pan and set aside 3 minutes.
- Drain pan of juices and scrape bits from bottom of pan with metal spatula. Wipe pan dry with paper towels..
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each slice of bread with about 1 teaspoon margarine. Place bread slices, buttered sides down on clean cutting board. Spread unbuttered sides with apricot-mustard mixture. On half of the bread slices, layer pork, apple and cheese. Place remaining bread slices on top, buttered sides up, to form sandwiches.
- Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium heat. Place the 2 sandwiches in skillet without a Panini press. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Repeat cooking remaining 2 sandwiches.
- Makes 4 servings
- *To cook sandwiches using an electric Panini grill, preheat grill according to manufactureru2019s directions. Place sandwich(s) on grill; lower top of grill and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.