Weeknight dinner doldrums? This Greek-inspired Lemon Chicken will snap you out of it. We’ve paired garlicky, lemony chicken taking into consideration salty, herbaceous orzo to wake stirring your palate and do you through the week. This dish is easy tolerable for a weeknight but moreover then elegant enough for weekend entertaining. And, as always, we use completely viable bit of our ingredients, right by the side of to the garlic paper and feta water. Waste not one scrap!
The ingredient of Lemon Chicken like Feta Orzo
- 1 cup orzo or more if desired
- 7 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 ounce feta cheese or more to taste
- 1/2 cup feta water
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt staples
- pepper staples
- olive oil staples
- 3 tablespoons butter staples
The instruction how to make Lemon Chicken like Feta Orzo
- Equipment: large pan for chicken, small pot for orzo, grater, strainer
- In your small pot, add water and season heavily with salt. Once the water is boiling, add the orzo to the pot.
- Place your large pan over high heat. Grab your chicken thighs and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle the pan with olive oil and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the chicken thighs to the hot pan.
- Smash your garlic, breaking apart the cloves but leaving the paper on, set aside. Zest your lemon, always rotating the lemon to a new spot thatu2019s not white. Cut your lemon into wedges and set aside.
- Check the underside of the chicken thighs, they should be browned nicely after having cooked for about 6 minutes. Flip the thighs to brown the other side. Add the smashed garlic to the pan. Now squeeze your lemon wedges all over the chicken and toss the wedges into the pan. Add your lemon zest, white wine, and feta water to the pan.
- Grab a bowl for your orzo. To the bowl, add well-crumbled feta, a drizzle of olive oil, Aleppo chili powder, dried dill, and mix well. Strain the orzo through a strainer and add to the bowl. Toss to combine and salt and pepper to taste.
- Back over to the chicken thighs. Tilt your pan and, using a spoon, baste the chicken with its sauce. Take the pan off the heat and crumble in 2 tablespoons of butter to finish the sauce.
- To serve, plate a pile of orzo. Add several chicken thighs on top, add lemon wedges, add garlic cloves (that have released from their paper), and spoon your sauce over the entire dish.
Nutritions of Lemon Chicken like Feta Orzocalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 550 calories
cholesterolContent: 42 grams
fatContent: 145 milligrams
fiberContent: 21 grams
proteinContent: 4 grams
saturatedFatContent: 47 grams
sodiumContent: 8 grams
sugarContent: 500 milligrams
: 2 grams