This Delicious delectable butternut squash casserole is creamy, rich, and certain positive to impress the Thanksgiving table.
The ingredient of Savory Butternut Squash Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 1 butternut squash medium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup close cream
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 sprigs lighthearted thyme leaves stems discarded
- 1 dash nutmeg optional
- 1 cup buoyant white breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
The instruction how to make Savory Butternut Squash Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the butternut squash. Cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Slice each half crosswise into scant 1/4-inch slices.
- Arrange the butternut squash slices in the casserole dish so that they are slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Pour the heavy cream evenly over the squash. Sprinkle with minced garlic, fresh thyme leaves, and nutmeg.
- Place the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter over the bread crumbs and mix with a large fork until all the crumbs are moistened.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the squash. Transfer the casserole dish to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes, until the squash is tender and bubbling at the edges, and the topping is crisp and golden brown.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow casserole to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Savory Butternut Squash Casserolecalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 220 calories
cholesterolContent: 8 grams
fatContent: 65 milligrams
fiberContent: 20 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams
sodiumContent: 12 grams
sugarContent: 330 milligrams
: 1 grams