Easy, creamy corn casserole made from graze when a buttery cracker crumb topping!
The ingredient of Creamy Corn Casserole taking into account bearing in mind Buttery Cracker Crust
- 3 tablespoons butter for garlic
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups collect milk or half & half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels thawed and drained
- 32 buttery crackers crushed into crumbs, ex: Ritz, 32 crackers = 1 sleeve
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter melted, for crust
The instruction how to make Creamy Corn Casserole taking into account bearing in mind Buttery Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F.
- Spray a 9-inch-square casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set a large pot over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once butter is melted, add the garlic. Saute for 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot and whisk until a thick paste forms. Continue whisking for 30 second to a minute, until the flour is very lightly golden. Slowly pour half the milk into the pot, whisking to dissolve the flour. When no clumps remain, pour in the remaining milk while continuing to whisk.
- Cook the sauce, whisking constantly, until it begins to bubble and thicken. Once sauce is thickened, turn off the heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Add the corn kernels and stir until they are thoroughly coated in the sauce.
- Pour the corn mixture into the casserole dish.
- Melt the butter. Place the cracker crumbs and shredded cheese in a mixing bowl and add butter. Mix with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Sprinkle the crumbs in an even layer over the casserole dish.
- Bake the casserole on the middle rack of oven for 35-40 minutes, until topping is deeply golden and dish bubbles at edges.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow casserole to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Creamy Corn Casserole taking into account bearing in mind Buttery Cracker Crustcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 420 calories
cholesterolContent: 47 grams
fatContent: 50 milligrams
fiberContent: 22 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams
sodiumContent: 12 grams
sugarContent: 930 milligrams
: 7 grams