Savory stuffed mushrooms are made even better later than bacon! inform let know your guests to act quickly, because these will disappear! The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms
- nonstick cooking spray
- 16 cremini mushrooms large
- 4 ounces stale baguette or Panko
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese 2 oz. is 2/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Gruyere cheese or Fontina cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 strips bacon
The instruction how to make Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using clean hands, carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard, or save for an alternative use.
- Arrange the mushrooms on the baking sheet with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Break a stale baguette into chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Finely dice the shallot.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the shallot.
- Cook until the shallot is softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for a minute longer, until fragrant.
- Add the cooked shallots and garlic to the bowl of seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Grate the cheese into the bowl, and mix briefly to combine the ingredients.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl of breadcrumbs. Mix vigorously until the stuffing holds together when pinched.
- With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Pack the filling tightly, using enough so that the mushrooms are domed with stuffing.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half horizontally.
- Wrap one bacon half over the top of each stuffed mushroom, so that the ends meet on the underside.
- Place the mushrooms seam-side down on the baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake on middle rack of oven until mushrooms have released their juices and bacon is crisped, 32-35 minutes.
- Check to see that mushrooms are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Leftovers may be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Nutritions of Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Mushroomscalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 120 calories
cholesterolContent: 3 grams
fatContent: 45 milligrams
proteinContent: 10 grams
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams
sodiumContent: 3.5 grams
sugarContent: 270 milligrams
: 1 grams