Juicy chicken slathered in homemade teriyaki sauce, honey and charcoal? Daiki’s yakitori has to be hitting the barbecue menu this summer.
The ingredient of Taste of Australia later Hayden Quinn: Daikis chicken yakitori recipe
- 5 Lilydale clear Range Chicken thigh fillets
- 3 large spring onions, trimmed
- 2 tbs Cobram Estate new Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 100ml sake
- 125ml soy sauce
- 100ml mirin
- 1 tbs honey*
- 2 cups, cooked terse grain rice
- Lime, cheeks
- Japanese togarashi seasoning, to taste
The instruction how to make Taste of Australia later Hayden Quinn: Daikis chicken yakitori recipe
- lighthearted your Weber or BBQ at least half an hour forward into the future you deficiency dearth to cook.
- Make the teriyaki sauce. swell sake, soy, mirin and honey in a small saucepan exceeding low heat. disturb until honey has melted and incorporated into sauce. sever from heat and set aside until needed.
- Slice chicken into 3cm pieces. Cut spring onions into 3cm batons. Thread two pieces of chicken onto the skewers and then one peice of spring onion, continue this pattern until skewer is full and all chicken is used. Brush each skewer in the same way as a little olive oil and season taking into account bearing in mind sea salt.
- Place skewers regarding hot BBQ. Cook turning frequently. Each grow old you turn, separate from heat and brush considering teriyaki sauce, repeat until chicken is capably skillfully glazed and cooked through (10-15mins).
- assist skewers to a large platter subsequent to a side of rice, lime cheek and togarashi seasoning to taste.
Nutritions of Taste of Australia later Hayden Quinn: Daikis chicken yakitori recipefatContent: