Oven-crisp Pesto Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich when Eggplant, Red Pepper, Tomato Slices, French Bread Baguette, Mozzarella Cheese, buoyant Spinach, Olive Oil, Raw Cashews, Extra-virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, vivacious Basil, Water, Salt
The ingredient of Oven-Crisp Pesto Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 4 combine tomato slices
- 1 French bread baguette crusty
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese vegan
- 1 cup lighthearted spinach
- olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup lighthearted basil
- water for consistency
- salt to taste
The instruction how to make Oven-Crisp Pesto Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich
- Preheat oven broiler (500 degrees F). Slice eggplant lengthwise, so as to get u00bc-inch thick u201csheets.u201d Slice sheets into about 2-3-inch wide strips. Brush both sides of eggplant strips with a little olive oil and place on a baking sheet. On a separate baking sheet, toss tomato slices and red pepper slices with a little olive oil and then arrange so theyu2019re not touching on the sheet. Put both baking sheets in the oven and roast vegetables under broiler for about 10 minutes; veggies should be tender but be careful you donu2019t burn the eggplant.
- Meanwhile, combine all pesto spread ingredients except water and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a chunky texture, then add a bit of water at a time until you have a smooth puree (should be spreadable but not runny). Add salt to taste; blend again.
- Remove veggies from oven; set aside. Slice baguette down the middle lengthwise and then cut halves in half. Arrange on a baking sheet to assemble sandwiches. On the bottom half of each sandwich, spread a thin layer of the pesto spread, followed by a sprinkling of mozzarella. Add the following layers: eggplant strips, cheese, 2 tomato slices and peppers, cheese, spinach, cheese. Brush the top half of each baguette slice with a little olive oil and set next to the bottom half on the baking sheet.
- Put sandwiches in oven under the broiler for about 10 minutes, or until bread is crispy and cheese is melty. Remove from oven; spread a thick layer of pesto sauce on the top half of each baguette and place on top of bottom half. Cut in half to serve. Enjoy!
Nutritions of Oven-Crisp Pesto Eggplant Parmesan Sandwichcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 1490 calories
cholesterolContent: 108 grams
fatContent: 90 milligrams
fiberContent: 96 grams
proteinContent: 11 grams
saturatedFatContent: 56 grams
sodiumContent: 26 grams
sugarContent: 1930 milligrams
: 14 grams