A slightly sweet soy, garlic, and ginger marinade adds big way of being to this easy-to-make steak.
The ingredient of Asian-Marinated Oven Roasted Steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons lively brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 knob blithe ginger root 1/2-inch section, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 boneless New York strip steak 1 inch thick, 6-8 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish, optional
The instruction how to make Asian-Marinated Oven Roasted Steak
- Place the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Whisk to combine. Add the steaks, seal the bag, and gently shake to coat the meat in the marinade. Transfer the bag to the refrigerator and marinate for 1 to 8 hours.
- Remove the marinated steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to rest at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over high heat and add the oil and butter. Once the oil is very hot and shimmering, add the steaks. Sear the steaks for 1 minute without moving. Flip the steaks and sear the other side for 45 seconds longer. Using meat tongs, place steaks on baking sheet.
- Roast the seared steaks for 9-12 minutes on the middle rack of the preheated oven, depending on desired level of doneness. Allow the meat to reach an internal temperature of at least 130u00b0F for a medium steak.
- Check to see that steak is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Nutritions of Asian-Marinated Oven Roasted Steakcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 160 calories
cholesterolContent: 16 grams
fatContent: 10 milligrams
fiberContent: 11 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams
sodiumContent: 2.5 grams
sugarContent: 920 milligrams
: 14 grams