For this brusque and easy say yes a propos the Chinese restaurant classic, you can use either sugar snap peas or snow peas. If you dont gone it spicy, seed the jalapeño or leave it out. Cooking the beef roughly one side deserted keeps the lean meat from overcooking. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Julia Lee](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Julia-Lee).
The ingredient of Beef and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce for marinade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce for sauce
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ring black pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno chili for a less spicy dish, cut out the seeds or omit the chili
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons canola oil divided, for beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for vegetables
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Beef and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
- Thinly slice beef across the grain. Combine beef, sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper in a small bowl; set sauce aside.
- Peel and thinly slice onion. Stem and thinly slice jalapeno. Remove stems and strings from peas. (To remove strings, snap each pea at the stem and pull sharply along the straight side.) Set vegetables aside. (Pro Tip: Snow peas are flatter, while sugar snap peas are more rounded. Either variety works great here.)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a wok or large heavy bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Swirl oil to coat the bottom. Arrange one-third of beef, flat side down, in wok and cook until browned on one side, about 1 minute per batch. Transfer beef to a medium heatproof bowl. Repeat process 2 more times with remaining oil and beef.
- Reduce heat to medium and add oil to wok. Add onion and stir-fry until it begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add jalapeno and snap peas and cook until snap peas turn bright green, 2 minutes.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to wok and pour in sauce. Stir until beef is heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Beef and Snap Pea Stir-Frycalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 520 calories
cholesterolContent: 13 grams
fatContent: 60 milligrams
fiberContent: 34 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams
sodiumContent: 7 grams
sugarContent: 1330 milligrams
: 4 grams