Heres how we spell holiday season bliss: pairs of affluent well-off and fudgy cookies later a little crunch in relation to the outside, a enlargement of snowy white chocolate-peppermint ganache in the midst of them, and crushed peppermint candies roughly speaking the rim. quality free to further them in imitation of a glass of milk. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Saura Madani](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Saura-Madani).
The ingredient of Chocolate Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all aspire flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 candy canes or 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
The instruction how to make Chocolate Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies
- Heat cream and peppermint extract in a small saucepan over high heat. Place white chocolate chips in a small bowl. When cream rises, remove from heat and pour over white chocolate chips. Let stand 30 seconds for chocolate to begin to melt, then stir or whisk until smooth. Set white chocolate ganache aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate chips on high in 30-second increments until just melted. Stir with a spatula until smooth.
- Put butter and sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Beat with mixer on low speed to blend, then beat on medium speed until soft and light, scraping down inside of bowl as needed. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until blended.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Add to egg mixture and beat on low speed until blended. Scrape inside of bowl as needed.
- Add melted dark chocolate to dough; mix on low speed until fully combined and no butter chunks are visible.
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Use a scoop or a spoon to drop 24 portions of dough onto sheet pans, about 1 tablespoon each, spacing them 2 inches apart; the batter will be loose and tacky.
- Freeze cookies 10 minutes while oven is preheating. (Pro Tip: Freezing the cookies before baking helps them keep their shape during baking.)
- Preheat oven to 350u00b0F.
- Remove cookies from freezer. With hands, press dough down into flat round disks.
- Bake cookies on racks in upper third and lower third of oven for 5 minutes. Switch pan positions and bake cookies until theyve risen and no longer look wet in the center, 5 minutes more.
- Check to see if cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed
- Using a spatula, transfer cookies to cooling racks and let cool completely, 20-30 minutes.
- Chop candy canes into small pieces or use a food processor and pulse candy canes a few times. Pour crushed candy canes onto a flat plate and spread them out evenly.
- Invert half of the cooled cookies so theyre flat-side up. Using a spoon, spread each with 1 tsp. reserved white chocolate ganache. Top with remaining cookies, keeping flat sides together. Squish each cookie sandwich so the ganache is visible on the edges. Roll edges of cookies in crushed peppermint so it sticks to the ganache.
- Serve cookies, store airtight at room temperature up to 3 days, or chill in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Nutritions of Chocolate Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookiescalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 430 calories
cholesterolContent: 62 grams
fatContent: 70 milligrams
fiberContent: 19 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams
sodiumContent: 11 grams
sugarContent: 105 milligrams
: 48 grams