This entree sandwich can be made for a brusque dinner or something interchange for guests. Make the olive topping ahead of epoch to ascend flavors to fully blend. help with Cold Herbed Garbanzo Beans and grilled vegetables.
The ingredient of Tuscan Pork Sandwich
- 6 pork chops boneless, 1/2-inch thick
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons dijon style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 cup oil cured black olives, pitted, chopped, such as kalamata
- 6 slices eggplant unpeeled, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 loaf french bread OR Italian, crusty, cut in half horizontally
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers halved
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese OR provolone
The instruction how to make Tuscan Pork Sandwich
- Prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, Wocestershire, garlic and rosemary in work bowl of food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside 1/3 cup of mixture for basting chops and eggplant. Add olives to remaining mixture and reserve.
- Brush chops with olive oil mixture (without olives). Grill chops 3-4 minutes per side until nicely browned. Remove to plate. Brush eggplant with same olive oil mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until just tender. Grill bread halves, cut side down, during last 1-2 minutes of grilling eggplant.
- To assemble sandwich, spread reserved olive mixture evenly over bottom half of bread; top with eggplant and cheese slices. Thinly slice pork chops; layer over cheese and top with roasted pepper halves and top half of bread.