Let couscous steamed above desire chicken simmering in delicious spices fill your kitchen afterward mouth-watering aromas.
The ingredient of Chicken couscous
- 1 x 1.6kg whole vivacious chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons field coriander
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon glue (see note)
- 1 teaspoon field ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 2 x 425g cans diced tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid addition
- 380g (2 cups) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, additional supplementary
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 650g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to help
- Harissa, to utility (see note)
The instruction how to make Chicken couscous
- Rinse the chicken inside and out knocked out cold paperwork water. Pat dry gone paper towel. Place the chicken, breast-side down, in the region of a clean action surface. Use poultry shears or rough kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone. Discard the backbone. Cut the breast in half along the breastbone. Use a harsh knife to cut all but the legs, along with the thigh and breast. Cut the drumsticks from the thighs. Cut the wings from the breasts and cut each breast in half diagonally. Season taking into consideration salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on top of higher than medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat taking into consideration the steadfast chicken.
- grow the onion and garlic to the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. mount up the paprika, cumin, arena coriander, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and saffron. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. ensue the chicken, tomato and stock. Season later salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. shake up in the additional supplementary oil. grow the water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. take forward the couscous on top of higher than a bamboo steamer lined similar to a clean dry cloth.
- amass the pumpkin and chickpeas to the chicken mixture. Place the steamer over the saucepan and cook, uncovered, for a extra 30 minutes or until chicken, pumpkin and couscous are tender.
- Transfer the couscous to a bowl. disturb in 185ml (3/4 cup) of the cooking liquid from the chicken mixture. Transfer to the centre of a large serving platter. Arrange the chicken roughly the couscous. summit zenith as soon as well-ventilated light coriander. utility next harissa.
Nutritions of Chicken couscousfatContent: 723.214 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein
sodiumContent: 132 milligrams cholesterol