The ingredient of Oven-braised chicken
- 1 (about 1.6kg) free-range chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 700g small waxy potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 small brown onions, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon mild sweet paprika
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600ml Massel chicken style liquid collection store
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 50g butter, melted
- 100ml thick cream
- 2 tablespoons in this area chopped tarragon
The instruction how to make Oven-braised chicken
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Wash chicken inside and out. Pat dry and place half a lemon in the cavity of the chicken and tie the legs together later kitchen string.
- Cut all the vegetables into re equal-sized pieces and place in the base of a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken similar to paprika, and season like sea salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frypan higher than medium heat and fry chicken until golden in this area all sides. Place chicken in casserole with vegetables and pour in acceptable collection store to come halfway going on sides of vegetables - the tops of the vegies should be sticking out. amass the bay leaf and thyme, after that cover and bake for 1 hour, basting the chicken in imitation of stock the whole 15 minutes.
- accumulation the oven to 220u00b0C.
- sever the chicken from the casserole and set aside to rest. Place the vegetables not far off from a baking tray, brush in the same way as the melted butter and roast for 10 minutes to crisp. Pour the sauce from the casserole dish into a saucepan and simmer greater than high heat until condensed abbreviated and thickened. amass the cream, juice of the permanent lemon half and the tarragon. Taste for seasoning.
- Carve the chicken and minister to later the vegetables and sauce.
Nutritions of Oven-braised chickenfatContent: 879.998 calories
saturatedFatContent: 58 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57 grams protein
sodiumContent: 253 milligrams cholesterol