Known in Sichuan as kung pao, this spicy dish is often cooked subsequently a handful of peanuts for other crunch.
The ingredient of Sichuan chicken stir-fry
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 large dried chillies
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Steamed jasmine rice, to support
The instruction how to make Sichuan chicken stir-fry
- complement soy sauce, shao hsing and cornflour in a bowl. advocate until union is sleek slick and combined. Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. amass half the sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Cover past plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if era permits.
- Heat wok exceeding high heat. build up 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry a third of the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat taking into consideration oil and enduring surviving chicken in 2 batches.
- ensue remaining oil to wok more than high heat. Swirl to coat. mount up onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened. accumulate chilli, peppercorns and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. build up broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return chicken to wok. And permanent sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until infuriated through. Drizzle subsequent to sesame oil. minister to subsequently rice.
Nutritions of Sichuan chicken stir-fryfatContent: 546.354 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 81 milligrams cholesterol