A timeless roast dinner recipe featuring a leek, apple, roasted hazelnut and pancetta stuffing.
The ingredient of Roast chicken in imitation of leek stuffing
- 1.8kg collect chicken
- 8 sprigs tarragon
- 20g butter, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid deposit
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small leek, anodyne section only, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 mild pancetta slices, chopped
- 1/2 granny smith apple, grated
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (made from day-old sourdough bread)
- 1 tablespoon chopped blithe tarragon
The instruction how to make Roast chicken in imitation of leek stuffing
- Preheat oven to 200C. To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the leek and pancetta and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until leek softens. separate from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the leek join up to a medium bowl. Add the apple, hazelnuts, breadcrumbs and tarragon, protest and season well.
- Rinse chicken cavity frozen cold water. Dry inside and out.
- Spoon the stuffing into the cavity, tie legs together like kitchen string. Lift the skin numb the breast. Place half the tarragon sprigs and butter numb the skin. Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Arrange the lemon and onion wedges just about the bird and pour growth on top of higher than and re it. Season with ease subsequently sea salt flakes and freshly dome black pepper.
- Roast chicken in preheated oven, basting in juices occasionally, for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the juices rule positive similar to a skewer is inserted into the thigh (or a meat thermometer reaches 82C and the stuffing reaches 70C).
Nutritions of Roast chicken in imitation of leek stuffingfatContent: 708.874 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 62 grams protein