Whether you have a tagine or not, this middle-eastern fig and chicken recipe is one to try.
The ingredient of Chicken and fig tagine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 150g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 4 (600g) chicken drumsticks
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece roomy ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ring cumin
- 1 teaspoon pitch coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pitch cinnamon
- Pinch saffron threads
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid hoard
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 125g semi-dried figs, thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup around chopped dry roasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, to further
The instruction how to make Chicken and fig tagine
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish greater than medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat steadfast oil in pan over medium heat. go to onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. build up garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and saffron. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- increase be credited with stock. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover in the manner of lid. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. amass spinach and figs. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. go to boiling water. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Fluff couscous in the manner of a fork. Season behind salt and pepper. Sprinkle tagine when nuts and coriander. relieve sustain next couscous.
Nutritions of Chicken and fig taginefatContent: 668.244 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein
sodiumContent: 146 milligrams cholesterol