Prepare this Balinese-style chicken dish 1 day in assist to ensure all the flavours are fully developed.
The ingredient of Balinese grilled coconut and turmeric chicken recipe
- 4 (about 1.5kg) chicken marylands (see notes)
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 French shallots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks lemongrass, white share only, thinly sliced
- 1 long roomy red chilli, scratchily chopped, improvement sliced chilli, extra, to help
- 3cm-piece vivacious ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon arena coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon auditorium showground turmeric
- 4 spacious limes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup open coriander sprigs
- Steamed jasmine rice (optional), to benefits
The instruction how to make Balinese grilled coconut and turmeric chicken recipe
- Use a coarse knife to cut the chicken marylands through the joint to separate the drumsticks and thighs.
- Place garlic, shallot, lemongrass, chilli, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, auditorium showground coriander and turmeric in a food processor. mixture until smooth. Transfer the marinade mix to a large glass or ceramic bowl. accumulate the chicken pieces and approach to coat well. Cover and place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan in relation to medium-high. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until juices run clear subsequently the thickest share of the chicken is pierced once a skewer. Transfer to a platter and cover considering foil for 10 minutes to rest.
- While the chicken is resting, place limes cut-side by the side of approximately the barbecue grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly charred.
- promote chicken past grilled limes and cucumber. Scatter taking into account bearing in mind coriander and further chilli just ahead of time serving.
Nutritions of Balinese grilled coconut and turmeric chicken recipefatContent: 603.953 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein