Budget-friendly and ready in less than an hour, this healthy chicken salad is ideal for midweek meals or weekend entertaining.
The ingredient of Chicken, mango and barley salad recipe
- 1/2 cup pearl barley, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons other virgin olive oil
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 100g dirty salad leaves
- 1 continental cucumber, diced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, toasted
- 1 large mango, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken, mango and barley salad recipe
- Cook barley in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 40 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Rinse knocked out chilly frosty water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, insert paprika, garlic and half the oil in a bowl. ensue chicken. Toss to coat. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to child support child maintenance warm. get off for 5 minutes. Slice chicken.
- Place salad leaves, cucumber, chilli and onion in a large serving dish. affix vinegar, mustard and enduring surviving oil in a small jug. Season subsequent to salt and pepper. Add barley and three-quarters of dressing to salad. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle in the manner of pistachios. Arrange mango and chicken on the order of top. Drizzle in imitation of enduring surviving dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, mango and barley salad recipefatContent: 426.854 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol