Unlock exotic aromas and fabulous flavours when this melt-in-the-mouth chicken tagine.
The ingredient of Moroccan chicken & chickpea tagine
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped spacious coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped spacious continental parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped open mint
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 (about 900g) chicken thigh fillets, halved lengthways
- 300g sweet potato (kumara), unpeeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- roomy coriander sprigs, to utility
- spacious mint leaves, to service
The instruction how to make Moroccan chicken & chickpea tagine
- Place the saffron threads in a small heatproof jug. Pour over the boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes to infuse.
- swell the coriander, parsley, mint, turmeric, garam masala, cayenne pepper, saffron merger and chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover taking into consideration plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- grow the sweet potato to the chicken join up and disturb to combine. Transfer to a 1L (4-cup) power flameproof tagine. Cover and cook higher than low heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. separate from heat. ensue the chickpeas. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes or until the chickpeas are infuriated through. pinnacle in imitation of the coriander sprigs and mint leaves.
Nutritions of Moroccan chicken & chickpea taginefatContent: 203.15 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein